Disability Services

Disability Services

If you have concerns about success in college due to any type of disability, please reach out to our Disability Services Office. They are available to help campus and online students register to receive academic accommodations, and they can also guide you to other university resources based on your individual circumstances.


How do I register or sign up for services? 

  1. Go to Disability Services Office
  2. Click on the blue “Access Portal Login” box.
  3. Log in with your BYUI username and password.
  4. Fill out the application.
  5. Submit your documentation. *
  • Disability Services requires medical or clinical documentation stating a student's diagnosis signed by a licensed professional. Upon receipt of the application and diagnostic documentation, the student will be notified to schedule an appointment with an administrator.
  • Does an IEP or 504 work as documentation? Yes.
  • Does Disability Services allow walk ins? Yes.
  • Are Disability Services offering phone, Zoom, or in-person appointments? Yes, to all three options.

How long does the process take?

  • Once Disability Services receives the application and correct documentation, it is usually reviewed within 1-2 business days and then your appointment can be scheduled. Approved accommodations are effective the day of your appointment, and a notification letter will be sent to your teachers before the close of business on the day of your appointment.

Does Disability Services help students get tested for a disability?

  • No. However, they can usually point you in the right direction of testing options. If you are an on-campus student, the Counseling Center can provide testing for mental health disabilities.

My child had an IEP in high school. Is there anything similar for him/her at BYUI?

What is the university policy regarding service animals and comfort animals / emotional support animals?

  • Students and employees are required to follow the Animal Policy. Service animals are allowed on campus. Pets and comfort / emotional support (therapy) animals are NOT permitted on university property. For questions about what qualifies as a service or comfort animal, call Disability Services.

Additional Disability Services Resources

Deaf Services

  • Email: deafservices@byui.edu
  • Phone: (208) 496-9219
  • For assistance with accommodations for the deaf and hard of hearing, such as transcription, captioning, or sign language interpreting.

Accessibility Resource Center (ARC)

  • Email: accessibility@byui.edu
  • Phone: (208) 496-9217
  • Available to assist students with their approved accommodations for digital course content and assistive technology. Contact the ARC for assistance with the accessibility of your I-Learn courses; to request accessible documents, video captioning or transcripts, or e-text; or for help using assistive technology, such as a screen reader.
Was this helpful?
0 reviews


Article ID: 9316
Thu 9/23/21 8:17 AM
Mon 10/25/21 1:53 PM