Applications (Public)

Common questions and answers regarding applications, withdrawing, and deferments.

Canvas

Question: My canvas is not letting me use the calendar feature. I can access things through modules but the canvas calendar will not open anything up. Is there any way I can reset my canvas to get it working again?
1 Answer
Christian Bacon Last activity on 9/21/2021 1:59:29 PM by BYU-Idaho Support Center

Blue dot on Dashboard list view

Question: There is a blue dot next to one of my courses on the Dashboard application. I have it set to list view. It is not consistent that I can tell, and it is not for every course.Is it possible to remove the blue dot? This is what it looks ...
1 Answer
Drake Green Last activity on 9/20/2021 10:11:33 AM by BYU-Idaho Support Center

Installation of Microsoft office 365

Question: Hi,
I am having problems installing the microsoft office 365. Once I follow all the steps, I get a message saying that I need to contact the administrator. Today I thought it was my e-mail the problem, I changed it and it was wor...
1 Answer
Lorena Escalante Bravo Last activity on 9/15/2021 9:20:07 PM by Sophie Cortez

Dropping a Course

Question: Hello,
I would like to know iof I can drop a course during this first semester at BYU Idaho?

Regards,
Natalie
1 Answer
Natalie Elizabeth Rojas Last activity on 9/15/2021 6:03:52 PM by Sophie Cortez

Canvas Storage

Question:
Hi team,
I am teaching an English 150 course online this semester and many of my students are English Language Learners. I have so much content that I know will help them if I were able to access it from a previous Canvas cour...
1 Answer
Andrew Roberts Last activity on 9/15/2021 8:52:06 AM by BYU-Idaho Support Center

Using the video option in a discussion board ***error

Question: I try to create a short personal video to each of my students in the W01 DB "Icebreaker Assignment" each semester. It has seemed to work fine in past semesters. But I just did about 10 videos, and they uploaded and showed...
1 Answer
Brian Haderlie Last activity on 9/13/2021 2:58:09 PM by BYU-Idaho Support Center

Pathway admittance

Question: A friend of mine is a Pathway graduate and is wondering if he is eligible to begin classes as an on-campus student without applying as a brand new student. He has done his own research on the subject and received conflicting answers, ...
1 Answer
Callie Martineau Last activity on 6/28/2021 7:33:53 PM by BYU-Idaho Support Center

Application Help

Question: I have recently completed Pathways and applied for enrollment in BYU-Idaho. Please assist with signing up to my new course? Your help is appreciated. Thank You.
1 Answer
Ron Cosgrove Tehei Last activity on 4/19/2021 9:42:50 AM by Willard Nyamombe

ACCTG 201 week 06 question-peer reviews

Question: Some group of students are having trouble accessing, turning in, and finding out how to work the peer reviews for the paper we completed in week 04. Any suggestions?
1 Answer
Chris Wunderly Last activity on 6/1/2021 4:27:42 PM by BYU-Idaho Support Center

Zoom

Question: I have one on one appointments set up with my teachers but I don't have a clue how to get zoom appointments started.
Please direct me to getting to the links????

Thank you
Brendon RUndell
1 Answer
Brendon Rundell Last activity on 4/20/2021 2:42:08 PM by Ricardo Leon Coronado

How to Apply

Question: How do I apply?
1 Answer
Ricardo Leon Coronado Last activity on 3/12/2021 8:32:29 PM by Sophie Cortez

Application for Returned Missionaries

Question: I am an RM. Is there a program for Returned Missionaries?
1 Answer
Ricardo Leon Coronado Last activity on 3/12/2021 8:31:45 PM by Sophie Cortez

Application Deadline

Question: What is the application deadline?
1 Answer
Ricardo Leon Coronado Last activity on 3/12/2021 8:31:01 PM by Sophie Cortez

Campus Tours

Question: Who does the Campus Tours?
1 Answer
Ricardo Leon Coronado Last activity on 3/12/2021 8:30:21 PM by Sophie Cortez

Changing Track Assignment

Question: Can I change my track assignment?
1 Answer
Ricardo Leon Coronado Last activity on 3/12/2021 8:29:22 PM by Sophie Cortez

Fast Grad/Overrides

Question: What is Fast Grad (Override)?
1 Answer
Ricardo Leon Coronado Last activity on 3/12/2021 8:28:52 PM by Willard Nyamombe

Deferment Options

Question: How do I get a deferment?
1 Answer
Ricardo Leon Coronado Last activity on 3/12/2021 8:28:15 PM by Sophie Cortez

Additional Resources